Tuesday, May 12, 2009

where even is fiji?

Like, in the middle of the ocean, right? I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I'm trying to figure out the best medium to share this experience with anyone who wants to keep updated.  And blogging is so hip.  So, I'll try it for awhile, and see how it goes...

At the moment, I'm trying to push all logic and reason out of my head and instead try to focus on the tiniest, most minute details of now.  Like how the sun is hitting the grape vines out the window, leaving little delicate shadows on the ground.  And how I can faintly hear Jim Lehrer echoing around the kitchen.  Because, if I don't, and skip even one second ahead, the enormity of the moment escapes me, and I feel so lost!  

But isn't it comforting to think of life in such microscopic moments?  How each day is just an opportunity for new smells, tastes, sights, sounds, and surfaces to touch? How change is constant, and not something to fear.  How it should be embraced!  Change is new material to digest.  A chance for stretching our little eyes and ears and brains in new directions...





No comments:

Post a Comment