Friday, August 28, 2009

Photos!


My house during training in the village of Mokani.


The Mokani guitar club. Lydia and I started a little guitar fad in the village!


All the girls of Mokani in our matching jiabas.


Nadave. Where some of our training was held.


Nadi La (center) with Save (left) and Una (right). Nadi La was my aunt in Mokani and who sewed me all my jiabas! Save was my little brother. Una is Nadi La's daughter. On our way to the end-of-training celebration!


Me and Save during our last night in Mokani.


The meke the ladies in our village performed for us! Vula is on the left, my mom is in the middle, and Nadi La is on the right.


At the swear-in ceremony at the US Ambassador's house. Me with our language instructors who lived in the village with us for 2 months. Aliti is on the left, La is on the right. They were AMAZING!


The bure! Made of bamboo, coconut leaves, and other natural materials from the surrounding mountains.


A little glimpse inside the bure.


Looking up inside my bure.


My toilet/shower/sink/clothesline.


Papukeni! My new kitten. Papukeni means pumpkin in Fijian.

1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely fabulous, Lisa! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE YOU'RE HAVING! I'm so jealous! I love that you've adopted a little kitten...I would have done the same thing.

    *Marcie Williams

    ReplyDelete